Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Recycling Lessons

Dinner was lukewarm, leftover spaghetti scarfed down at 8:30pm after Katherine's band concert (she was great - played wonderfully and sparkled in her fancy dress). She stayed with Sovann to watch the whole CHS marching band show while I brought the little ones home and got them to bed.
At dinner, J.J. said he learned about plastic recyling in science yesterday, and he pointed out the number in the triangle on the bottom of his Red Robin cup. I told him that in Portland, we don't use those codes, that anything with a threaded neck can be recycled. I picked up the salad dressing and said, "threaded neck." J.J. said, "Ooooooooh, so anything with a twisty cap has a threaded neck?" "Yep," I said, "Shampoo bottles have a threaded neck, the mayo jar has a threaded neck..."
"I have a threaded neck," Grace piped in while wiggling her finger around the narrow little area under her chin. J.J. and I looked at each other and burst out laughing. I don't think that was the response she was hoping for, so she said it again, this time with more fortitude. "I have a threaded neck," she said with furrowed eyebrows and determination. OK, so there you have it.

No comments: