Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Own Little Corner

It seems to be getting harder (and yet easier, in some ways) to connect with people. I always want to communicate with more people, more often, but have less and less time to do so. So now I have my own little corner of the world wide web where I can share pictures, experiences, funny things the kids say, and general musings over my family's daily life.

Katherine just shared with me her discovery of how to eat cereal without it getting soggy (because she's a "slow eater" she said). She takes a bite of cereal and washes it down with a swig of milk - voila!

Grace threw a major tantrum after lunch because I gave the last of Lauren's very yummy cookies to J.J. (Grace had 3 {or more?} the night before). She screamed at the top of her lungs with dagger-eyes aimed at me until I picked her up and placed her in her bed. She wasn't pulling any punches today - she grabbed at me, then kicked me - shouted, "I HATE YOU," then cried, "I WANT A HUG." Even after I went back upstairs, she slammed the door a few times for effect and came out every couple minutes to yell, "Just leave me alone!"

J.J. is working on honesty and following directions. I was so proud this morning when I found him doing his Technology Literacy lesson on the computer without having to be told to start school. This afternoon I heard a lot of beeping coming from the other room where he was working on the computer. "Are you editing your story?" He quickly clicked on the document he should have been finishing and said, "Yes...well, I wasn't, but now I am." He seemed to say it with a bit of guilt but overall pride at his overall truthfulness. I think it helped that his big sister was looking over his shoulder.

We've been letting J.J. grow his hair out long. It's driving me crazy, and he's started complaining about it getting in his eyes. It hides his ears, though, and gives him the cool child-actor look.

Grace and J.J. are watching a movie (I think).

2 comments:

Sovann Pen said...

I think they were watching either Action Man or Voltron.

I like that pic of you and K.

J.J. said...

Me and grace were doing my french lesson.