I just finished reading "90 Minutes in Heaven" by Don Piper. It was very interesting and inspirational. I think my favorite parts were his descriptions of heaven - I honestly have to say I believe his experience was real. It made me long for the day when I would be reunited with loved ones who have died (or may die before me) and exist in a place where there is no sin, pain, death or separation and be in God's presence. I loved what he said about the sounds of heaven:
"The praise was unending, but the most remarkable thing to me was that hundreds of songs were being sung at the same time - all of them worshiping God. As I approached the large, magnificent gate, I heard them from every direction and realized that each voice praised God. I write voice, but it was more than that. Some sounded instrumental, but I wasn't sure - and I wasn't concerned. Praise was everywhere, and all of it was musical, yet comprised of melodies and tones I'd never experienced before. If we played three CDs of praise at the same time, we'd have a cacophony of noise that would drive us crazy. This was totally different. Every sound blended, and each voice or instrument enhanced the others.
Many of the old hymns and choruses I had sung at various times in my life were part of the music - along with hundreds of songs I had never heard before. Hymns of praise, modern-sounding choruses, and ancient chants filled my ears and brought not only a deep peace but the greatest feeling of joy I've ever experienced."
He goes on in detail to describe the colors, the light, the streets of gold and the sound of angel's wings. His story is pretty amazing and you have to hear it or read it to believe it. I'm so glad Katherine bought this book as a Christmas gift - I really enjoyed Don Piper's story.
No comments:
Post a Comment