Monday, November 30, 2009

Pocahontas Opening

Well, we made it through a week of dress rehearsals and the first weekend of shows. We are all very tired, but the shows have been going very well.
Grace was given a special job selling tissues. She went around say, "the show is really sad and you might want some tissues to cover your tears." I don't think there was a single little old lady who could resist - Carrie even heard some behind her in the audience say, "Look, I've got three packs of Kleenex in my purse already, but I just had to buy some from her." Those who declined got this response from Gracie, "Well, I'm serious! You're going to need them." She sold every back they had halfway through the second show! They would've had her sell other things, but our conscience wouldn't allow it since the other souvenirs were more spendy.

Opening night was extra special with Julie's sister Carrie and her family attending. Nick and Emma sent J.J. and Katherine "Candy-Grams" (little bags of candy with notes attached that get sent backstage during intermission to cast members). We had a great time with the Juchau family all week, visiting Bob's Red Mill, McMennamin's Edgefield and OMSI as well as enjoying a Thanksgiving Feast.



The Cobarrubias clan (with friends and relative that came to the show).
Here Grace and Joyce are getting an autograph from "John Smith" (Mitchell Booth).


No comments: