Thursday, November 19, 2009

CYT Showcase

Katherine took a class this term called "Sounds of Music" where they learned intricate harmonies. This fabulous group of girls gave a tremendous performance - so fun to watch (and listen to).

"I'm not That Girl" from the Broadway Musical Wicked.


"I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta my Hair" from South Pacific


"Sisters" from White Christmas


Okay - think outside the Broadway box for a minute. Here's J.J.'s class: Cultural Dance and Conflict. The kids LOVED it - the parents were all a little uneasy. I love Heather (the teacher/choreographer) and her fearless creativity. J.J. had a blast learning the martial arts moves. I'll never forget driving home from CYT about the third week of class. After listening to Katherine's sweet voice singing her showcase song, I asked J.J. how his class went. "Oh Mom, I finally get to KILL someone! I'm so excited." Well, there you go! This is where boys in musical theater classes get to be boys.



I have to say I'm just as proud as "my" kids in the beginning voice class that I TA'd - they did so great. They sang songs from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and nailed everything we worked on. Happy night with lots of warm fuzzy memories. Now it's on to Pocahontas!

No comments: